The Party Pass is the a way to earn rewards just for playing the game. It is similar to a ‘Battle Pass’ feature in other video games.
The Party Pass consists of Daily, Weekly, and Seasonal Challenges that will unlock Hype Points. As you collect these Hype Points, you’ll advance in your Party Pass, unlocking new accessories, Moola, Blanko Bucks, Gumballs, XP Chips, Emotes, and even a special Blanko! This Blanko will be an NFT and will be able to be listed on our Marketplace. The Party Pass feature was implemented into Blankos Block Party on June 2nd, 2021, at 3pm PDT.
The Party Pass will feature both a free and paid path. The paid path is not available until Season 1.
Daily Challenges will reset every day at 2:00 AM PDT, while Weekly Challenges will reset every Tuesday at 2 AM PDT. Completing all Dailies and all Weeklies will grant you bonus rewards including a Hidden Random Gumball.
Party Pass Challenges have the following restrictions:
- Progress for the majority of Challenges is only possible through our featured levels. You will still earn a small amount of XP and Moola from playing non-featured levels.
- There are total progress caps that uniform across all of the featured block parties. These allow Mythical Games to feature some of the coolest levels that normally would have broken the progression system.
- Expect these cap values to change as Mythical Games monitor the game’s performance.
Season 00 Party Pass
Season 00 Party Pass Challenges
There were some adjustments made to the Seasonal challenges on July 13th, at 2 AM Pacific time based on community feedback as summarized below:
Retiring Challenges (96 Hype Points)
- Finish in the Top 3 in a Featured FFA Shooter 10 times (8 HPs)
- Finish in the Top 3 in a Featured Race 10 times (8 HPs)
- Finish in the Top 3 in a Featured Vibe Collector 10 times (8 HPs)
- Perform 50 Emotes in the Junction (6 HPs)
- Win 30 Featured Block Parties (10 HPs)
- Be on the Winning Team in a Featured Shooter 10 times (8 HPs)
- 1st in a Featured FFA Shooter 5 times (8 HPs)
- 1st in a Featured Race 5 times (8 HPs)
- 1st in a Featured Vibe Collector 5 times (10 HPs)
- 20 KOs in a Featured Shooter (6 HPs)
- 200 Wall Jumps (6 HPs)
- Complete 100 Block Parties or Trials (10 HPs)
New Challenges (123 Hype Points)
- Perform 100 Skills (12 HPs)
- Perform 50 Emotes in the Junction (12 HPs)
- Run 20,000 Meters in Block Parties (12 HPs)
- Be on the Winning Team in a Team Shooter 10 times (15 HPs)
- 100 Wall Jumps (12 HPs)
- Complete 50 Block Parties or Trials (15 HPs)
- Finish in the Top 3 in a FFA Shooter 10 times (15 HPs)
- Finish in the Top 3 in a Race 10 times (15 HPs)
- Finish in the Top 3 in a Vibe Collector 10 times (15 HPs)
Season 00 Extension, Controversy
On the 17th of July, Mythical Games announced that the Season 0 Party Pass was to be extended until August 24th and that they were adding 20 more tiers to the Party Pass. This means that more Daily, Weekly and Seasonal Challenges are added which means that there are an significant boost in total Hype Points for this season which would create more opportunity for players to get the NFT Blanko, Sergeant Poppy.
To soften the blow for the users who already spent countless hours grinding for Sergeant Poppy, Mythical Games also added another NFT to the Party Pass, The Toaster Backpack which is a functional glider unlocked at tier 80. It’s a similar flight accessory to the Hotdog Backpack, but it’s toasty! The extended Party Pass means more rewards such as more non-NFT cosmetics, emotes, gumballs, and in-game currency.
The reason for the update as quoted by Mythical Games:
We’re doing this because we’ve taken a look at all your feedback from the Early Access launch and based on that input we’ve been refining the way the Party Pass works (as seen with the recent adjustments), as well as refocusing our efforts on addressing other key areas of the game. Based on community feedback, there are still some places the game needs to improve and we want to take the time to address those issues. We really appreciate your passion and dedication to Blankos so far, and we want to continue working with you to make it the best game possible!
The decision to extend this party pass was a surprise to many players and the reaction was mixed. Although more players could now obtain Sergeant Poppy, it was not received well from a few dedicated players who expressed their concerns via Discord. These players had spent multiple hours grinding for Sergeant Poppy due to the rarity and difficulty in attaining him. One Sergeant Poppy even sold for ~$1100 USD on the first day that he was attainable and it was thought that this extension devalues Sergeant Poppy due to the increased supply.
Season 00 Party Pass Extension Cancellation
After the mixed response seen from the Season 0 Party Pass Extension announcement , Mythical Games listened to it’s fanbase and decided to cancel the Party Pass Extension and end it on the original date of August 3rd 2021.
When the Party Pass ends on August 3rd, the Party Pass levels will restart and a new set of Party Pass tiers will be available. They’ll be new rewards, dailies, weeklies, and seasonal challenges. This includes the previously mentioned NFT Toaster Backpack. For the official announcement, click here.