- #1 Controller
- #2 Keyboard & Mouse
- #3 Both!
- November 17, 2020 at 11:06 pm #1135Sumok3nXP: 95Level 1
What do you use to play and why?
I’m just using stock keyboard and mouse but interested to see what others prefer and why?
- December 7, 2020 at 7:43 am #1877
- December 13, 2020 at 4:11 pm #2350
- December 13, 2020 at 6:50 pm #2351
- December 14, 2020 at 9:04 am #2362
- January 2, 2021 at 4:15 am #2955
- January 2, 2021 at 5:25 pm #2976
- January 2, 2021 at 5:54 pm #2981
- January 2, 2021 at 6:44 pm #2988DisruptingBlankoXP: 28Level 1
Keyboard and mouse : Shooters or races with tight turns
Controller: majority races/ vibes
Like everyone has mentioned the aiming is too difficult with the controller, mouse and keyboard definitely have the upper hand there. I’ve only used the 360 controller however I do think the controller is nicer when going up winding paths.
- January 2, 2021 at 7:45 pm #2996
- January 3, 2021 at 5:43 am #3016WhyismommycryingXP: 531Level 4
I use the controller to play parties, u can move slower or faster, walk, run, etc. I like aiming with the controller as it’s easier for me and I am used to fps games on ps4 and Xbox. However, I love to create and I find the mouse and keyboard to come more naturally to me for that (maybe it’s just because that’s how I learned).
- January 5, 2021 at 5:52 am #3076HenWithATieXP: 935Level 5
I was surprised to see that there were many people playing on a controller. I personally prefer playing on the mouse since it’s possible to make pixel perfect placements in build mode 🙂
- January 7, 2021 at 12:55 am #3286
- January 5, 2021 at 8:26 am #3084
I think the mouse and keyboaed is definitely superior for build mode and navigating the menus and searching for parties as well as for shooting, but the controller is much better for platforming, running, flying and movement due to the camera control, the sensitivity of the movement, the buttons vs keyboard keys.
That’s why being able to use both on the fly is such a blessing! Everyone has their preferences though and it’s what they are used to. We just need Mythical to incorporate/unlock key binding changes!
- January 5, 2021 at 2:49 pm #3098
- January 5, 2021 at 5:06 pm #310626dnsModeratorXP: 133Level 2
I don’t think I’ve ever used the keyboard and mouse ever in my life for playing a game. I grew up on consoles and always purchased controllers to play on PC. A mouse and keyboard set up might make building a lot easier though…
- January 5, 2021 at 7:05 pm #3110
- January 5, 2021 at 7:05 pm #3109
- January 6, 2021 at 4:20 pm #3207WollombyXP: 117Level 2
Anything that has a first person or third person (over the shoulder) view where you have to mouse look around… I always use a keyboard and mouse. So in Blankos, it’s definitely going to be keyboard and mouse, (we just need to add the ability to rebind keys now).
Anything that is a 2d side scrolling game (like Super Mario Brothers) … I use a controller.
It’s probably due to my age. I was used to playing side scrolling games with a controller, and when first person shooters on PC became a thing… moved to mouse and keyboard. It’s hard to train my hands to play Fortnite on the Switch or Xbox. I need a mouse and keyboard for that.
- January 7, 2021 at 12:59 am #3287
- January 7, 2021 at 5:11 pm #3349
- January 25, 2021 at 10:28 pm #3916
- January 26, 2021 at 1:28 pm #3937
- January 26, 2021 at 9:29 pm #3955
- March 8, 2021 at 6:19 am #4731
- March 8, 2021 at 7:57 am #4748NinjaXP: 0Level 1
- March 8, 2021 at 8:01 am #4752SagXP: 164Level 2
Currently situated using a keyboard and mouse, although I’m curious as to what playing on controller is like. <hr />Personal enquiries: Message me onsite. Business enquiries: Message me onsite.
I only use controller atm, how is keyboard & mouse? Thinking about making the transition.
In general I can’t compare the two because I haven’t gotten the chance to play the game using a controller yet. But I’ve heard playing on keyboard has it’s advantages. Many say the gun mechanics were built more around pc players. Which I could definitely see. But playing on controller definitely has it’s perks. I’ve seen some players say movement is easier. But I have no idea how accurate this is, as I don’t play on controller.
- March 8, 2021 at 10:13 pm #4867
- March 9, 2021 at 4:19 am #4876
- March 9, 2021 at 4:21 am #4877
- August 29, 2021 at 10:55 am #9486IKKIXP: 16Level 1
I met a problem with daily challenges “Run 1500 meters.” I played with a controller , which button should I press to be counted as “RUN”. I tried X to dash but in challenges, it was not counted as run.
- September 6, 2021 at 4:55 pm #9521
- September 6, 2021 at 11:05 pm #9523
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.